Car insurance can be a difficult road to navigate. There are so many companies, plans, options, prices, and much more to consider. These 10 steps listed below should help steer you in the right direction to finding the ideal plan.
1. Know Your State’s Minimum Requirements: Car insurance differs among every state. Research what is required for your state to use as a cushion. Once you know what should be covered, it’s up to you to decide how much additional coverage you want, and if it’s worth paying for. Don’t forget to take into account your own driving habits and any other risks you frequently encounter.
2. Consider Your Finances: If you are already covered under a plan, look through payments you’ve made in the past. This will enable you to see where you already stand on both a monthly and yearly payment. It gives you a quote that you may want to beat.
3. Check Your Records: Not everyone is the best driver and that’s okay, it’s important to recognize your flaws! If you have any records or points on your license, it’s best to clear that before finding a policy. Insurance will increase if they see you are a risky driver.
4. Find Options: Take the time to sit down and find quotes from multiple companies. If you go to an online site to get a quote for an insurance rate, you can type in your information and begin to build a list of companies for comparative quotes. When you use these sites, you might not get instant quotes. Some companies may contact you later. It can take up to 15 minutes her quote, but it can save you up to $800, if not more!
5. Company Information: While researching, make sure you take notes about each company you’re looking into. The most important factor to understand is their payment policy. When are payments due? Are there payment plans? What happens if a payment is late?
6. Make Calls: Once you have a defined list of potential quotes and companies, begin calling around. Speaking directly to a representative shows your interest, can be quicker, and there is potential they will offer you a lower rate.
7. Discounts are Key: Get rewarded for good driving. Insurance companies give them for such things as a good driving record, your car’s safety or security equipment, and certain occupations or professional affiliations. You may even get a better deal if you switch your home insurance cover as well.
8. Assess Each Company: Now that you know prices and have compared companies, it’s time to see which is actually best for you. Just because one insurance is the cheapest, doesn’t mean it’s your best option. Look into each company using the National Association of Insurance Commissioners’ Consumer Information Source. You can access information about insurance companies, including closed insurance complaints, licensing information, and key financial data.
9. Review Your Policy: Now that you’ve decided which company and policy are most suitable, it’s important to re-read. Look into the fine print, verify it’s what you’re actually looking for, and that nothing is hidden amongst all the text.
10. Cancel Your Old Policy: If you are switching from an old policy, now is the time to cancel that plan and switch to your new one. Make sure you keep your new proof of coverage easily accessible in your car.
Finding the right car insurance can mean taking a lot of new routes and sometimes hitting a dead end. However, it’s important to not only protect yourself but the others on the road around you. Want to take it a step further? Get rewarded with the OnMyWay app every time you drive!
OnMyWay Is The #1 Distracted Driving Mobile App In The Nation!
OnMyWay, based in Charleston, SC, The Only Mobile App That Pays its Users Not to Text and Drive. The #1 cause of death among young adults ages 16-27 is Car Accidents, with the majority related to Distracted Driving.
OnMyWay’s mission is to reverse this epidemic through positive rewards. Users get paid for every mile they do not text and drive and can refer their friends to get compensated for them as well. The money earned can then be used for Cash Cards, Gift Cards, Travel Deals, and Much, Much More….
The company also makes it a point to let users know that OnMyWay does NOT sell users’ data and only tracks them for purposes of providing a better experience while using the app.
The OnMyWay app is free to download and is currently available on both the App Store for iPhones and Google Play for Android @ OnMyWay; Drive Safe, Get Paid. Sponsors and advertisers can contact the company directly through their website @ www.onmyway.com.