The Seattle Kraken selected thirty players from across the NHL on Wednesday evening in the expansion draft, one of the first steps in building their inaugural roster.
While there’s no guarantee that any of the players selected will actually suit up for the Kraken when the season begins – there are bound to be trades and other signings ahead, along with the actual NHL Draft – it’s still an interesting look at how the Kraken are building their franchise, and what Ron Francis and his colleagues are prioritizing.
In case you missed Wednesday’s expansion draft, here are the players that were selected:
- Colorado Avalanche: Joonas Donskoi
- Chicago Blackhawks: John Quenneville
- Columbus Blue Jackets: Gavin Bayreuther
- St. Louis Blues: Vince Dunn
- Boston Bruins: Jeremy Lauzon
- Montreal Canadiens: Cale Fleury
- Vancouver Canucks: Kole Lind
- Washington Capitals: Vitek Vanecek
- Arizona Coyotes: Tyler Pitlick
- New Jersey Devils: Nathan Bastian
- Anaheim Ducks: Haydn Fleury
- Calgary Flames: Mark Giordano
- Philadelphia Flyers: Carsen Twarynski
- Carolina Hurricanes: Morgan Geekie
- New York Islanders: Jordan Eberle
- Winnipeg Jets: Mason Appleton
- Los Angeles Kings: Kurtis MacDermid
- Tampa Bay Lightning: Yanni Gourde
- Toronto Maple Leafs: Jared McCann
- Edmonton Oilers: Adam Larsson (has already signed with SEA)
- Florida Panthers: Chris Driedger
- Pittsburgh Penguins: Brandon Tanev
- Nashville Predators: Calle Jarnkrok
- New York Rangers: Colin Blackwood
- Detroit Red Wings: Dennis Cholowski
- Buffalo Sabres: Will Borgen
- Ottawa Senators: Joey Daccord
- San Jose Sharks: Alexander True
- Dallas Stars: Jamie Oleksiak (has already signed with SEA)
- Minnesota Wild: Carson Soucy
The next few days will be interesting. The NHL’s regular-season schedule will be released Thursday evening, and the draft is Friday & Saturday. The league’s trade freeze lifts at 1 p.m. Thursday. Free agency is also on the horizon, setting up what should be a busy couple weeks in the hockey world.
OnMyWay Is The #1 Distracted Driving Mobile App In The Nation!
OnMyWay, based in Charleston, SC, The Only Mobile App That Pays its Users Not to Text and Drive.
The #1 cause of death among young adults ages 16-27 is Car Accidents, with the majority related to Distracted Driving.
OnMyWay’s mission is to reverse this epidemic through positive rewards. Users get paid for every mile they do not text and drive and can refer their friends to get compensated for them as well.
The money earned can then be used for Cash Cards, Gift Cards, Travel Deals and Much, Much More….
The company also makes it a point to let users know that OnMyWay does NOT sell users data and only tracks them for purposes of providing a better experience while using the app.
The OnMyWay app is free to download and is currently available on both the App Store for iPhones and Google Play for Android @ OnMyWay; Drive Safe, Get Paid.
Download App Now – https://r.onmyway.com
Sponsors and advertisers can contact the company directly through their website @ www.onmyway.com.